Ceningan Divers will be hosting a week-long event from September 14-22, 2019 to celebrate the annual AWARE week.
Here’s an overview of the programs and dates
1) Join us for our daily conservation and educational workshops, these will be presented by Georgina, our in-house Marine Biologist. They are free for everyone to attend. When: 4pm daily. Where: At Ceningan Divers briefing area.
2) “Not all heroes wear caps” Come join us for our weekly street cleanup hosted by Trash Hero Ceningan around the iconic Yellow Bridge as per this year’s theme: Building Bridges. Where: Yellow Bridge Ceningan side (We will meet at the base of the ramp to the bridge) When: Monday, September 16th from 5pm to 6pm.
3) We will conduct a dive against debris at our adopted site on the 21st of September. Where: Gamat Bay, Nusa Penida. When: TBD
4) To promote the importance of mangroves, Georgina, our in-house Marine Biologist will conduct our Mangrove workshop at 4pm and then we will host a mangrove clean up during low tide at 5pm on September 19th.
5) Sunday Roast fundraiser, 150,000Rp for special roast dinner + a beer. All proceeds go to Project AWARE. When Sunday, September 15th from 6-9pm. Where: Ceningan Resort
6) All week long we will run a special promotion > Add the Project AWARE Specialty to your PADI Course for only 650,000Rp.
7) As a Green Fins operator, we will push our detailed briefings to better educate our guests about our impact on our ocean planet.
AWARE Week 14th to 22nd September 2019:
14th > AWARE week launch + Special Project Aware Presentation and overview of the week at 4pm
15th > Coral Triangle and the MPA presentation at 4pm + Sunday roast (all proceeds go to Project AWARE) from 6 – 9pm
16th > Manta Presentation at 4pm + Yellow Bridge Trash Hero beach and street cleanup at 5pm
17th > Mola Presentation at 4pm
18th > Turtle Presentation at 4pm
19th > Mangrove Presentation at 4pm + Mangrove clean up 5pm (Talk like a pirate day)
20th > Tropical Fish Presentation at 4pm
21st > Dive against Debris at Gamat Bay + Citizen Science. Time TBD
22nd > AWARE Week close with Special PADI AWARE Presentation and a recap of the week at 4pm.
Report data to Dive Against Debris, and publish a wrap-up post.
We hope to see you all at Ceningan Divers during that week.
For more information visit our on facebook or email us email@example.com