Instructor Development Course
Our PADI IDC Lembongan Instructor Development course is a two-part course – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diver education programs? Then GoPROSM with our Instructor Development Course.
Why GoPRO with Ceningan Divers? Your IDC will be conducted by Sander Buis, an award-winning PADI Course Director with vast experience conducting IDC’s around the world. Sander was awarded numerous times by PADI for OUT STANDING contribution to the dive industry. Our passion and drive to train candidates to the highest level possible will help you achieve goals you never dreamed of.
Our complete Lembongan IDC internship offers you a truly comprehensive program that will far exceed the core requirements of the PADI IDC with the goal of making you the best dive instructor in the industry. Take on the PADI GoPRO Challenge with Ceningan Divers.
Become a PADI Professional Diver Today!
During your Instructor Development Course you will learn how to apply the PADI System of Education and Practice.
To do this we put together an amazing program and training schedule which mixes between confined water teaching presentations, knowledge development presentations and open water teaching presentations as well as the following 19 curriculum class room presentations:
Course Orientation, Dive Industry Overview, General Standards and Procedures, The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching, Legal Responsibility and Risk Management, PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course, Adaptive Teaching, The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy, Business Principles for the Dive Instructor, Adventures in Diving Program, Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program, Rescue Diver Course, Divemaster Course, Diver Retention Programs, How to Teach the RDP.
We are also including a classroom review of the 5 Dive theories: physics, physiology, equipment, RDP&eRDPml, skills and the environment.
Our Lembongan IDC program is conducted over 20 days; including 16 days for the IDC, 1 day for the Emergency First Response Instructor course and 1 day of workshops.
The IE takes place straight after the IDC which is an additional 2 days.
Additional preparation days are FREE – get unlimited prep days with our Course Directors and IDC Staff Instructors will help you brush up your diving skills and theory before the IDC.
Assistant Instructor and Open Water Scuba Instructor get unlimited support, meaning you can come to the IDC beforehand for as long as you wish and stay as long as you want after you have completed your program.
When you do your IDC with us, you get lifetime support!
- To enter the PADI Instructor Development Course, you must:
- Be a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- Be 18 years old.
- Have completed and logged at least 60 dives as documented by your logbook including night, deep and navigation dives.
- Be a certified diver for six months
- Have a medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
- Have a certified Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course certification (or equivalent training) within the last 24 months
- IDC Prep
- IDC Program
- EFR Instructor Course
- Daily Lunch
- Airport Transfer
- Much more
- 5 Instructor Specialties
- Training Material
- Training Dives
- Daily Lunch
- Much more
- Unique Program to Ceningan Divers
- Conservation Workshops
- Environmental Best Practices
- Sustainable Development
- Citizen Science Program
- 5 Diving Specialties (12 dives)
- Plus much more
GoPRO Lembongan IDC - Instructor Development Course
PADI Instructor Development Course – IDC
Cost: You’ll get 20 days of exceptional training for just IDR 30,000,000
What Does the GoPro Lembongan IDC Include?
We believe in providing value for money and exceptional training that’s why our program offers you so much more than just the basics (and more free inclusions and add-ons than any other IDC in Nusa Lembongan or in Bali). Return transfer to and from our resort and DPS airport.
- Free accommodation at our Dive Resort. (Shared Twin Bungalow with another IDC candidate / 25 nights)
- PADI IDC – complete course (AI and OWSI)
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course (EFRI)
- 3-day IDC preparation course – theory and skills workshops
- Unlimited classroom & pool access before and during your IDC
- Unlimited team teaching support before and during your IDC
- 8 unique to Ceningan Divers marine workshops conducted by our in-house Marine Biologist. (Mola, Manta, Turtles, Coral Reef, Mangrove, Nusa Penida MPA and Coral Triangle, and Tropical Fishes)
- Compressor workshop (Bauer)
- Equipment workshop (Aqua Lung)
- Equipment Sales Workshop
- Marketing workshop
- Sustainable Business Management Workshop (unique to Ceningan Divers)
- Dive Career planning Workshop
- CV Workshop
- Tanks, weights, belts
- Gear rental BCD, wetsuit, regulator
- Daily lunch at our Dive Resort (A selection from our amazing local and western menu at our restaurant)
- Free-flow tea, coffee and drinking water
- Internet access in our facilities 24/7
- One Ceningan Divers T-shirt
- 10 ocean dives (4 days of diving to get you familiar with the area)
- 15% discount on all equipment purchases and dive computers
- Lifetime discount at Ceningan Divers
- Visa assistance program (for up to 6 months is available depending on your needs)
Not Included (2020 rates):
- PADI fee for the IE ($975AUD, Paid to PADI)
- OWSI fee ($280AUD, Paid to PADI)
- EFRI fee ($193AUD, Paid to PADI)
- PADI Instructor Crew pack (9,000,000 IDR including the PADI backpack)
- MSDT is 11,500,000Rp (includes 5 Instructor Specialty level)
- Specialty Instructor fees $99AUD per specialty (Paid to PADI)